Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Representative Barickman - Weekly update 04-17-2011

Below is Jason Barickman's weekly email update that he sends out.  I don't know too much about the Health Alliance contract.  If anyone has more information, feel free to share.

He makes a really good point about the way taxes are collected and I strongly agree that "if more employees made quarterly payments - rather than having their money automatically deducted from their payroll check before they "see" it - then we'd have more people arguing for lower taxes in Springfield and Washington".  I do that with my county taxes, and it makes a pretty big difference. 

Scott,

Everywhere I went this week, people talked to me about the State's decision to terminate the Health Alliance contract.  I continue to believe that this was a bad decision on the State's part, especially because it will cost our State more money, and I'll continue to be a voice for those concerned about this.  As I touched on this issue last week, I'd simply encourage you to reply with any specific questions you have on this.

Tomorrow is April 18, and my taxes are due.  Being self-employed (outside my State Rep job), I pay quarterly tax installments to the IRS and the Illinois Department of Revenue.  Generally, I don't like spending money.  (Ask Kristin or anyone who knows me.)  And while I don't mind paying my fair share, writing out these checks causes me a certain amount of discomfort.  I strongly believe that if more employees made quarterly payments - rather than having their money automatically deducted from their payroll check before they "see" it - then we'd have more people arguing for lower taxes in Springfield and Washington.  You wouldn't believe how many bills the Legislature has voted voted on since January.  Rest assured, on each and every vote, I try to think of the taxpayer and my pledge to restrain government spending.  I've voted accordingly every time.

All's well at home.  Kristin spent much of the day cleaning.  She's says she's nesting.  If you're a single guy, you'll have to look up why nesting is one of the most best kept secrets for expecting husbands.  Here's a link if you want to know more: (http://facebook.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4283b0d0b256ff99c9fb2b540&id=4d41cc6b45&e=49012b6848.

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment